There is plenty of food for thought and a great deal to identify with - from a very diverse set of angles - in yesterday's 45 minute "Google+ Hangout" discussion between Sal Khan, Peter Norvig and Sebastian Thrun. Examples include:
- the authenticity and hence superiority of unscripted, tentative explanations, with "low" production values;
- how lectures empower lecturers not students;
- data analysis as an "underpinning process" for real personalisation;
- why their is such a mismatch between the value that a university thinks its courses provide what students think they provide;
- the challenge of combining individual study with group interaction.